Sprue Fest Judging Rules
All entries must be built and painted by contestant. No sweeps. Categories Subject to change or splits.
The judging rules for Sprue Fest will generally follow IPMS Judging rules (PDF here) with the following changes:
1. Models will only be moved from the category entered into dioramas if the judges feel that the diorama elements prevent accurate judging of the piece (examples: a tank is in high grass so the suspension and tracks aren’t visible, an airplane is show inside a hanger so it can’t be fully seen, a ship is moored at a dock in such a way that the ship’s side can’t be viewed, etc.).
2. Group/Club Category, this category is for an entry that is built by more than one person and/or a Club build which is a grouping of themed models, or an individuals grouping of themed models.
3. Special Category Rule: The Gundam Categories must contain Bandai Plastic Models, no Resin/PVC model kits or Resin/PVC conversion parts allowed. Scratch built items okay. Gundam models not falling under these rules will be placed in the Sci-Fi & Fantasy Mech category.
4. Special Category Rule: CATEGORY G3 15MM TEAM YANKEE AND G4 15MM FLAMES OF WAR IS OPEN TO UNITS AND SINGLE MODELS.
5. Special Category Rule: CATEGORY T1 TAMIYA MINI 4WD: TAKE ANY TAMIYA MINI 4WD KIT AND PAINT, MODIFY THE KIT TO BE ANY WILD CREATION FROM YOUR IMAGINATION.